give us a call today!

 (604) 731-4684

Landlords of Rental Houses need to take particular care in arranging insurance. 

The first thing to remember is that a Homeowners policy becomes invalid if the owners move out and rent the house to tenants.

A rented house must be covered by a policy that describes the house as being rented to others. Usually this policy has a more restricted form of coverage than a Homeowners policy and it excludes damage caused by the current tenant or any member of the tenant's household. Most landlords feel that they select tenants very carefully, but even with careful screening, the best possible tenants can develop family disputes that may lead to animosity resulting in property damage. We can often arrange coverage for vandalism damage by tenants depending on the location and condition of the property and the nature of the tenancy. If this coverage is available, we highly recommend adding it to your policy.

Another cautionary note...if your rented dwelling becomes vacant and will remain so for 30 days or more, it is essential to notify your your insurer. They will issue a vacancy permit for a substantial additional premium that will keep your insurance valid.

Our advice to landlords is to be as careful about arranging their insurance as they are about selecting tenants.


Read what our customers
have to say about us.

Our Trusted Insurance Providers

Back to Top

Vancouver Office

3295 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6K 2H5
Telephone: 604-731-4684
Facsimile: 604-731-7107
Office Hours: M-F 9:00 - 5:00

Sat - Closed Until Further Notice

Burnaby Office

4198 Hastings Street, Burnaby BC V5C 2J4
Telephone: 604-434-8259
Facsimile: 604-294-8260
Office Hours: M-F 9:00 - 5:00

Sat - Closed Until Further Notice